To Start Packing the Bathroom First………
- Pull out all your towels and face cloths and sort through them to find the most worn ones, which can be used for packing .
- Now make a row of boxes, small to medium in size,(using larger ones will get heavy to quickly) in the hallway or on the other side of the bathroom.
- Lay a towel or face cloth in the bottom of a few boxes.
- A box of baggies, some bubble wrap and smaller boxes or bins is all you need to pack the bathroom.
NOW– Time to Sort, Purge and Toss Out
- Sort each shelf and cabinet 1 by 1. Looking for brand new or fairly new items.
- Put your daily medicines and first aid items in a “bin” to keep separately.
- Now, which ones do you use every day? Pull and put these into a separate box(plastic, totally different from your row of boxes).
- Put the others into baggies and zip close while squeezing out the air. Place them into another box.
- Now what you have left needs to be sorted again, for dates, emptiness, appearance and use.
- The dated items (past expiration) and old prescriptions not being used can now be taken to the police department for disposal.
- NEVER NEVER flush old medicines down the toilet or put them in the trash.
- Hair ties etc. can be put in baggies or in a bin for safe keeping.
Finishing the Boxes
- Check the boxes and make sure every bottle is Up Right and somewhat snug. If not add a towel or another bottle or two.
- Wrap decorative items in bubble wrap and protect with a towel or two on top of the box.
- Remember to label every box on the SIDES ” keep up right and an arrow pointing up” hopefully will ensure safe handling.
Finally, with everything packed >>>>>>>>
Now you can wipe everything down, and then store all the cleaning supplies in a separate box.
Have a great move! if you have any questions comment or suggestions please leave them below and I will get back quickly.