If you are hiring a moving company
Ask them for their list of items not allowed in their trucks. Each company has their own rules based on their state laws as well as their own company policies.
The following list of Hazardous materials is a general that may or may not cover your state.
- acids and ammonia
- guns and ammunition
- black powder, primers, igniters
- lamp oils
- candles, lighter fluid, matches
- roadside flares
- gasoline, kerosene, any petroleum products
- motor oil, antifreeze
- yard equipment (mowers etc.) containing fuel (Siphon out the gas)
- cleaners, disinfectants any of your household cleaning supplies
- Pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers
- paint, thinners
- fingernail polish and remover
- any aerosol cans deodorant, hair spray
- propane cylinders
- pool chemicals
- fire extinguishers
- air tanks of any kind
- car batteries
If at any time during your packing, you are not sure about an item, call the mover’s office and ask.
Well Now What do I do with all this stuff ?
Then items you are not taking with you- Call your local Fire Department to find out where you can take them.
The items you are taking with you Well..
Pack them carefully standing up right in preferably plastic containers or boxes, caps tightened and secure.
You can transport them yourself in your vehicles without breaking any laws or causing any problems with your movers.