To Avoid accidents of any kind
Moving is a tense time for everyone in your family including your furry and not so furry pets. Remember everyone has feelings that can easily be frazzled and hurt during stressed times.
Try to plan and Watch Disney’s movie “Inside Out”.
It’s running time is 1 hour and 35 minutes. It should help everyone to stop and think before they “speak or act” and hurt some one else’s feelings.
Packing and loading your vehicle correctly is of utmost importance for your safety and others traveling with you. This also includes other people on the roadways.The following tips should be helpful at a time when your mind is on thousand and one things.
- Put a spare key in your purse or wallet.
- Pack extra clothes for accidents waiting to happen ( pants, shirts, undies, socks and p.j.’s). 1 set of work clothes or a dressy outfit.
- “Nap set” pillow and blanket
- Shower and bath pack- Dollar store- travel size, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush and paste, hairbrush and comb, razors in zip lock bags, baby wipes and personal wipes if no showers are available.
- Snacks- Let your mind go with this but remember to cut the sugar content(unless it’s natural) carrots, grapes,celery, cheese, peanut butter,crackers etc.
- Clean up kit tissues, paper towels, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, chap-stick,wipes, febreeze calming scents( lavender)
- music, ipods etc.
- first aid kit gauge pads, band-aids, scissors, neosporine ointment, alcohol. etc. $ store has small kits.
- flashlights, gloves, emery board, spare tire, car jack,flares, shovel and roadside emergency phone number
- trash bags
There are many car games to play from “the olden days” that aren’t on your phones!
Here are a few that won’t cost any money.
I Spy can be led my a parent or older child, I spy something Red or?
Count The ( trucks, cars, telephone poles)
Count License Plates try to get every state
Make up a Story- when someone takes a nap or closes their eyes to play- Make up a story of something that happened while they were napping.
We’re going on a picnic and I’m bringing ( something) then the next person adds to that
I’m thinking of something 21 questions ( an object, a color)
A singing song game 1 person starts then someone adds a lyric and it keeps going till someone gets stumped or the lyrics really don’t make sense.
Word Match Association 1 person thinks of a word like “taco” and the next person makes a match associating word like “salad” just keep going till they tire out.
There are also games that can be purchased at the dollar store, toy store etc.
travel bingo, doodle boards, etch a sketch, sticker puzzles, google apps.
You can also download free or purchased games for phones and tablets.
What a wonderful selection of over 100 games! Something for everyone racing, minecraft, girls etc. Directions are also at the bottom of the page for downloading.
Any questions or comments please leave them below and we will get back to you quickly.
Have a safe and happy trip!!.